PeaceHealth is seeking a System Director Professional Nursing for a Full Time, Day position.
Provides leadership and oversight to the strategic development and implementation of processes to address the professional practice of nursing. Ensures the development and execution of the organization’s pursuit of Magnet/Pathways designation through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Facilitates achievement of top quartile in nurse sensitive indictors and nurse professional satisfaction. Champions and manages the organizational change required in adopting evidenced based methodologies that embrace the shared decision making that is the foundation of professional nursing.
- Directs, plans, organizes, develops and directs the human and material resources necessary to support compliance with standards defined by the American Nurses Association and other professional nursing organizations.
- Serves as primary liaison between the organization and the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program office. Facilitates necessary changes. Clarifies magnet-related issues and coordinates responses to ANCC requests.
- Serves as PeaceHealth expert and resource to access internal/external subject matter experts on professional practice, standards of nursing care, and nursing practice in Washington, Oregon and Alaska
- Facilitates nursing leadership understanding and integration of ANCC standards into practice. Promotes departmental strategic planning that addresses implementing and showcasing the application of the model components. Understands the structures at each hospital to foster professional governance and assists in the development and sustainability of Shared Governance
- Serves as the liaison between the organization and the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program office. Oversees clarification of Magnet related issues and responses to ANCC requests. Establishes and maintains public relations with requisite agencies.
- Oversees the design of the nurse leader peer review process to ensure compliance with ANCC standards at all levels of the nursing management
- Participates in the development of professional nursing educational materials and presentations. Motivates toward the achievement of excellence in nursing practice with a focus on the development of nursing leadership
- Directs the composition, preparation, editing, publication, and submission of the magnet/pathways to excellence application and re-application documentation. Oversees organizational preparation for the site visit.
- Oversees the collection and maintenance of a minimum data set for nursing using the demographic data necessary for ANCC magnet documentation submission. Ensures interim reporting required by the Magnet Program Office is completed annually and semi-annually.
- Ensures the presence of a basic nurse management boot camp to provide skills required for professional nurses. Integrates to ensure an organized and coordinated approach to leadership development for nursing at all levels
- Chairs improvement efforts/collaboratives or other identified work groups to ensure metrics meet or exceed benchmark.
- Ensures that policy and procedure and standards of nursing care and protocols reflect evidence-based practice, Serves as PeaceHealth subject matter expert on the nurse practice act and Boards of Registered Nursing in Oregon, Washington and Alaska
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Doctoral degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years broad based nursing system practice leadership and development
- Experience in a complex healthcare system with direct operations experience
- A solid knowledge and understanding of the Magnet credentialing process and prior work experience at a Magnet facility is required
- Preferred experience with implementing or leading an Evidence Based Fellowship Program or Nurse Research program
- Preferred experience or certification in Lean concepts and principles.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Ability to create budget plan and return on investment analysis
- Knowledge and experience of Lean principles
- Proven skills in team facilitation, project implementation, effective data interpretation, customer relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a highly matrixed and disbursed organization
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.