PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Applications for a Full Time, Day position.
Provides oversight and management of applications and systems for PeaceHealth enterprise wide. Leads efforts to develop and maintain the applications portfolio, define and maintain infrastructure, and ensure service level agreements are in place and maintained in order to meet the needs of PeaceHealth. Directs, controls and is accountable for enterprise applications. Develops long and short-term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. This role is focused on continual improvement, standard work, and high reliability.
- Provides leadership, vision, and management to the Applications teams. Communicates TSP strategic goals and initiatives for the team and promotes team building and work to provide growth opportunities for staff. Analyzes caregiver engagement data and develops and implements plans to continually improve engagement scores.
- Oversees and manages the application portfolio and roadmaps. Leverages PeaceHealth’ s existing investments and reduces costs and non-enterprise systems. Works with TSP, Informatics and internal customers to support PeaceHealth operations ensuring a meaningful customer and patient experience.
- Leads the ongoing operations of the Applications Teams providing quality and timely support to stakeholders concerning hardware and software needs. Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical systems and rapid restoration when they are broken. Maintain security and privacy of the information systems and administers the budget for assigned cost center.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and management for staff including supervision, performance management, and delegation of work. Responsible for managing staff for assigned team responsibilities.
- Identifies emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the technology environment. Assesses new technologies and the feasibility of system enhancements to determine potential value for the health system. Ensures that the organization remains current with application and OS updates, and competitive with respect to IT applications and & services.
- Oversees the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages including decommissioning applications and archiving the data.
- Serves as a key contact with outside vendors to coordinate upgrades, resolve ongoing issues and develop strategic partnerships.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or healthcare related field or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the job is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in information technology and applications development required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Significant healthcare and Epic experience preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to continuously improve and create standard work.
- Ability to lead, enable and motivate teams by providing advice and guidance in a non-judgmental fashion.
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives.
- Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes and technologies.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to applications, costs and risks.
- Understanding of IT contracts and their likely cost and organizational risk implications.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.