PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Services Analyst for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $22.61, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for accurate/timely patient charging buy supporting software and PAR management.
- Manage all aspects of the SSIS: implement new software and/or upgrades; maintain procedures, preference cards, physician and other tables; coordinate staff training.
- Manages surgical, anesthesia, short stay, and outpatient nursing inventory PAR levels and inventory processes. Establishes and maintains adequate PAR levels for surgical products. Assures the right supplies in the amount needed at the right time for every patient.
- Completion of supply chain functions including new product entry, zc11, PAR Level maintenance, and PICIS PAR functions.
- Perform special analysis as requested.
- Performs retrospective auditing of surgical case procedures for case charge capture accuracy and corrective action for pricing/charge errors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing or surgical technologist program or equivalent education/experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical or business field preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in an operating room environment as a RN or Surgical Technologist required.
- Working knowledge of Surgical Services information systems.
- Surgical Technologist Certification (CST) is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications. Strong Excel and Access database skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of operating room protocols.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Sacred Heart Medical Center:
- Position will job share with a regular rotation into the OR. The rotation into the OR will be 1/3-1/2 of the weekly shifts as assigned.
SHMC PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.