$2000 sign on bonus
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant or LPN at our Sedro-Woolley Family Practice clinic for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.36 for new grad MA and $24.00 for new grad LPN, more depending on experience.
Medical Assistant: In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
LPN Clinic: Responsible for ensuring delivery of quality nursing care to clinic patients as directed by clinic’s healthcare providers. The Clinic LPN functions as a care member of the interdisciplinary care team and fulfills/shares the roles and responsibilities of rooming nurse, and clinical support nurse in the ambulatory patient care setting.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
LPN - Clinic:
- Assess and implement patient care under supervision. Prepares patient for examination.
- Provide direct patient care. Assists provider with examination and treatment of patient as directed.
- Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
- Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
- Obtains and conveys information to and from patients, pharmacies, and other providers as directed and supervised by a licensed provider; may obtain referral authorizations for treatment as directed by provider.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregivers to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate’s degree in Allied Health).
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program required.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- New grad Medical Assistants are welcome and make a great addition to our team and are encouraged to apply
- One year clinical experience as an LPN preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant – certified licensure required.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant – Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant- Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington
- National Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred
- Current licensure as an LPN in Washington State
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less. Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.