This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7723
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a EKG Technician for a Part Time, Evening position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.13, more depending on experience.
Operates electrocardiograph equipment (which may include treadmill tests, ECGs, Holter monitors, etc.) to record the electromotive variations in heart muscle to provide data for diagnosis of heart ailments.
* Charts confirmed EKGs. Records and files information related to tests performed.
* Cleans, adjusts and performs routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning.
* Performs EKGs, and may perform Holter monitors, event monitors and ambulatory blood pressure monitors on patient.
* Processes and edits EKGs.
* One year prior direct patient care experience required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
Education equivalent experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
* Basic Life Support
-One year of related experience preferred.
-Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
-Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
-Effective communication skills
Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Job duties may require intense concentration or attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.