PeaceHealth is seeking a Accountant for a Full Time, Day position.
Performs professional accounting in preparation, analysis and auditing of financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Prepares complex reports, maintains accounts, analyzes financial data and develops procedures to achieve more efficient record keeping or to improve current operations.
- Develops, set up and reconciles accounting systems, to track activity and produce reports.
- Develops, set up and maintains reporting systems, collects and reports statistics, produces daily, bi-weekly and monthly reports. Ensures quality content of data; provides interpretation of data and advises as to implications and makes recommendations for adjustments as appropriate.
- Assists with business plans, projects and conducts financial analysis.
- Assists with monthly closing and financial statement preparation.
- Assists with audits, and works with key stakeholders to ensure financial systems run efficiently and effectively.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of financial monitoring systems for standards of refinement performance monitoring and monthly profit/loss.
- Develops costs standards, overhead allocation methodologies and maintains reconciliation, review and audit processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting or equivalent required.
- Masters of Business Administration preferred.
- Three years accounting experience required.
- Healthcare accounting experience preferred.
- Active CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification is preferred.
- Ability to work long hours during critical periods of time
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.