PeaceHealth is seeking a Transporter - Patient Transport for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.92, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for the safe and timely transportation of patients, supplies, specimens and equipment through the facility.
- Transport patients by schedule and on request utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
- Transport materials such as supplies, specimens, records, linen, trash, confidential documents and equipment.
- May be responsible for conference room set-up including equipment and patient care equipment transfers.
- May clean wheeled transport equipment as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Entry level position. Prior patient care experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification may be required.
- Valid driver’s license from applicable state (not required in Whatcom).
- Good customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- Ability to physically lift, push and/or pull patients and equipment.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.