PeaceHealth is seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $35.95, more depending on experience. Monday through Friday day shifts with shift lengths of 5 to 7 hours and start times between 7:00am and 10:00am.
Perform all routine and specialized nuclear medicine procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy and/or breastfeeding prior to exam as indicated.
- Operates computer and nuclear medicine equipment for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Prepares, calibrates and administers radiopharmaceuticals according to protocol.
- Maintain records of receipt, dispensing and disposal of radioactive materials. Maintain records of equipment quality control, radiation monitoring and surveys.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year prior experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth, development and life stages to meet each patient’s need.
- Demonstrated venipucture competency.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- NM Certification by NMTCB and/or ARRT (NM) required.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.