PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Oncology - Infusion Center for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the ambulatory setting in compliance with standards of professional nursing and oncology specialty practice. Coordinates and manages care across the continuum for current and at-risk needs related to effects of cancer and its treatment. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs. This includes evaluating patients’ condition, triaging patient phone calls, counseling patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, wound/skin care, and other nursing procedures.
- Coordinates scheduling of complex care, oversees timely flow of patients, and accurately reports complete information for payment authorization and billing.
- Applies specialized knowledge of chemotherapy, radiation and other cancer therapies. May require mixing/administering of antineoplastic medications and initiation/management of peripheral and central venous access devices.
- Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition and response to treatment to physicians. Recognizes and responds to signs/symptoms of drug reactions or other oncologic emergencies.
- Communicates with friends and family of patients receiving treatment regarding chemotherapy medications, side effects, and schedule treatment calendar.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Three years of professional nursing experience.
- Oncology experience strong preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certification through Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) required or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Oncology (OCN) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications and use of electronic medical record.
- Effective prioritization skills and sound nursing judgment.
PHYSICAL COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work involves exposure to hazardous medication and/or chemicals and sharp instruments.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate or pay close attention to detail for more than 66% of the work time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.