This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 8265
Location: Longview, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is seeking an inpatient palliative care clinician to join a vibrant multi-disciplinary team to provide warm hearted care in Longview, WA. PeaceHealth is passionate about growing palliative care for the communities geriatric patients and their families. This opportunity is 45 miles north of Portland and 120 miles south of Seattle. If you are looking for a community that offers amazing outdoor recreation but enjoy quick access to big city amenities, then our practice could be a great place for you!
Why you’ll love the practice:
• Opportunity to build and grow 100% inpatient Palliative Care practice
• Advanced care planning, Power of Attorney discussions and support from multiple trained staff
• Collaborate with a on-site Palliative Care MD, multidisciplinary team, and St. John Medical Center's primary care team of close to 40 providers
• On-site: Bioethicist, Advanced Care Planning Coordinator, Pharmacist, Phlebotomist, Medical Social Workers, Behavioral Health Support, Chronic Care Coordinator team and digital x-ray.
• Provider preference Medical Assistant
• PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 346-bed hospital with Level III trauma center with over 250 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally to more than 180,000 patients per year
• The service area for this community is over 100k
• Critical Care Unit received Beacon Award for Excellence, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
• Stroke Program - Recognized by the American Heart Association with a Bronze Achievement Award for patient care and outcomes
•Recently named one of Forbes Magazine’s prettiest American cities and a Tree City USA, is Longview Washington, an ideal location on the Columbia River and next to beautiful forests is just 40 miles north of Portland, Oregon, 2 hours south of Seattle, and a short drive to the beautiful Pacific coastline and year round adventures on Mt Hood, Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens and Mt Adams. Here and in the other Lower Columbia communities served by PeaceHealth, you can enjoy the familiarity of small-town life, the challenge of working in a first-class regional medical facility, and the fun of living close to the beach, close to the mountains, and close to the big-city attractions.
• Integrated physician-led medical group
• Medical home model with care teams and EPIC EMR
• Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
• CME reimbursement and relocation assistance
• Fully paid malpractice insurance
• Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify
• PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits!
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Provider Recruiter Lyndse R Neppl.
Email: [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.