PeaceHealth is seeking a Buyer - Supply Chain Operations for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Responsible for purchasing all supplies for assigned areas within established authorization parameters, may include capital and general purchase orders. Generates and confirms purchase orders, monitors contract pricing for each order and coordinates to assure timely invoice resolution.
- Orders and expedites orders for supplies, equipment and services.
- Assists departments through purchasing processes.
- Monitors PeaceHealth contracts, selects preferred vendors and coordinates paperwork to assure timely payment of invoices. Resolves pricing discrepancies as they arise.
- Coordinates and expedites product returns, completes appropriate paperwork for tracking of issue.
- Coordinates product recalls, addresses product safety concerns and maintains documentation to meet FDA requirements.
- Communicates with customers in a timely fashion on supply issues.
- Submits new product requests, updates pricing, updates vendor agreements and requests new manufacturers/vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in in purchasing management or a business related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in purchasing, accounts payable, supply chain or related field is required,
- Experience in purchasing in a medical setting is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs required.
- Lawson Supply Chain experience is preferred.
- Certified Purchasing Professional is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete work in a fast paced work environment with frequent interruptions is required.
SHARED SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.