PeaceHealth is seeking a Cardiovascular Diagnostic Technician in the Cardiology Clinic for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.78, more depending on experience.
Provides professional care for all patients having procedures performed in the Cardiovascular Lab and Nuclear medicine department. Assists with patients undergoing procedures with duties to include observation with the patient’s condition, observes patient progress, records pertinent observations of diagnostic testing, and reports reactions to drugs and treatments.
- Performs diagnostic non-invasive cardiovascular studies using a variety of equipment and techniques.
- Assists physician with preliminary analysis and reports
- Completes all required paperwork and log charges.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited vascular technology program or equivalent is preferred.
- Cardiac Device Technology Advanced Certificate required within 2 years of hire.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in similar position preferred.
- Successful completion of an advanced EKG interpretation course, Pacemaker and ICD interpretation and reprogramming course.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Ability to analyze complex information
- Independent and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to patients of all ages
- Basic computer skills to include CVIS and PACS systems
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per day or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.