PeaceHealth is seeking a Central Supply Assistant - Supply Chain for a Full Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.32, more depending on experience.
Performs a variety of tasks necessary to support the process of cleaning, decontamination, preparation and/or distribution of disposable and reusable medical-surgical supplies and patient care equipment.
- Collects, receives, decontaminates, cleans, inspects, packages, and/or distributes an assortment of reusable, limited life or disposable medical surgical supplies or patient care devices or equipment. Collaborates with clinical and other support departments to establish supply levels based on service needs creates mechanisms within computerized inventory program to maintain or acquire these supplies, helps evaluate ongoing movement of supplies. Contributes to overall inventory and equipment maintenance within storage and distribution areas.
- Identifies, assembles and/or prepares assorted specialty carts, kits and items for patient care, procedures and/or surgeries.
- Coordinates with supervisor and co-workers to accomplish shared tasks and assignments. Follows recommendations of practice provided in accordance with Infection Control, Environment of Care practices and department policy.
- Maintains supply inventory levels for work or talk area and communicates need to acquire appropriate stock. Collaborates with coworkers and supervisor to organize work and customer supply areas in accordance with sound inventory management practices and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains departmental and patient care equipment by supporting preventative maintenance and repair protocols. Follows manufacturer instructions for care and use of departmental or patient care equipment, automated cleaning equipment, electronic equipment, computer systems and accessories, carts and conveyances, etc.)
- Restocks and reconciles stock replacements from assorted trays, carts, supply areas.
- Follows Materials and Risk Management protocols for trial and defective products contract, compliant products and departmental purchases.
- Follows protocols established for Infection Control, Environment of Care, Human Resources and administration.
- Participates and supports improvement projects where input of materials, supplies or knowledge will contribute to a safer, more efficient coworker or patient environment.
- Continuously reflects departmental and hospital philosophy as well as hospital’s mission statement in job performance, educational improvements and in relationships to others.(See departmental standards)
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous hospital or patient care experience is preferred.
- Medical terminology is preferred.
LONGVIEW – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.