Medical Assistant Apprentice - paid on the job training!
PeaceHealth is seeking applications for full time Medical Assistant Apprentices to begin our next cohort in July 2021. Hourly compensation starts at $17.00, more depending on experience.
This is a limited duration training position lasting approximately 12 months.
Participate in on-the-job training learning to perform duties of Medical Assistant. Under direct supervision, learn to assist health care professionals in the delivery of direct patient care in an ambulatory patient care setting. Must be enrolled in Medical Assistant Training Program.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- High School or equivalent
- College placement exam. Qualifications per program requirements: ability to enter Math 087/091 and English 098
- Must obtain the following National Certification within 12 months of hire: Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment.
- Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Understand the principles of asepsis if applicable
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.