PeaceHealth is seeking a Staffing Specialist - Nursing Support for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for ensuring adequate staffing levels to meet patient needs in Nursing Units, adjusting staffing based on census and patient acuity.Also responsible for coordinating and communication staffing decisions with appropriate nursing management/leadership.
- Partner with unit managers to ensure consistent and balance staffing or schedules on a 24-hour basis.
- Maintain staffing/scheduling records. Accurately document all changes to schedule in staffing and scheduling system.
- Interpret and accurately apply and follow all hospital policies and bargaining unit agreements.
- Communicate effectively with staff and managers.
- May prepare, input and maintain monthly schedules for assigned units.
- May approve time off/education requests when doing scheduling.
- Provide meaningful and complete reports as requested.
- May function as a resource to nursing managers for efficient use of scheduling system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Scheduling/staffing experience strongly preferred. Must have a working knowledge of staffing/scheduling office systems and customer service.
- Skills in problem solving and organizing and disseminating information
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Ability to multi-task and work in an environment with multiple interruptions and successful follow through is a must.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 20 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.