PeaceHealth is seeking a Vascular Technologist for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.62, more depending on experience.
Responsible for performing diagnostic non-invasive vascular examinations using a variety of ultrasound equipment. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomical, pathological, and diagnostic images. Creates a preliminary report for an accredited reading physician and gives preliminary findings to referring providers when indicated.
- Performs diagnostic Non-invasive vascular studies on the patient is a safe and professional manner.
- Provides preliminary analysis and report to the physician.
- Maintains daily log of patients seen and completes appropriate paperwork/exam billing forms and logs charges.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment, work areas and makes sure there are adequate supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Vascular Technology or Sonography program with an AS or BS degree required.
- Two years clinical experience in a Vascular Lab in similar position preferred.
- RVT through ARDMS and/or RVS through CCI
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to analyze complex information
- Independent and critical thinking skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull objects weighing 50 lbs. or less
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.