PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Coordinator Hospice Bereavement Services - Hospice for a Full Time, Day position.
This position is responsible for the coordinating all aspects of the Hospice Bereavement Services Program offered to grieving families. These services are offered in a collaborative and interdisciplinary manner.
- Establish, coordinate and implement bereavement follow-up procedures including delivery of letters, cards, etc. to families; quarterly mailings to bereaved families; assessing bereavement support needs and triage appropriately; carry a case load of at-risk families.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate bereavement volunteers in collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator. Train volunteers and staff in the area of bereavement and orient all new staff to bereavement protocol.
- Facilitate monthly and annual commemorative services for staff, Hospice families, and the community at large including a Hospice fundraiser.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate all community-wide bereavement support groups. Offer bereavement support community wide as time and need indicate. Market Bereavement Support Groups and other Bereavement support services to the community.
- Participate in program evaluation and ongoing process improvement.
- Develop and maintain budget and statistics relevant to the Bereavement Program.
- Maintains an active role in the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Masters degree in Counseling or Social Work preferred or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Minimum of two years counseling, guidance or social work experience required. Experience in Hospice concept of care preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
- Work requires light physical exertion including sitting 67-100% of the time.
- Ability to seldom lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail 80-95% of work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.