PeaceHealth is seeking a Physical Therapist - Home Health for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $37.73, more depending on experience.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart’s Home Health team is seeking a passionate Physical Therapist to help our diverse patient population reach their goals! You will have the opportunity to work in the patient’s own environment engaging family and caregivers.
Our multi-disciplinary Home Health team consists of Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, RN’s, Medical Social Workers, Registered Dietitians and Bath Aides. Our dynamic team meets regularly providing the opportunity to collaborate with supportive peers to coordinate care and achieve optimal outcomes.
Live, work and play in Eugene/Springfield, which is tucked in the lush Willamette Valley, just one hour from the coast and the mountains. We enjoy mild weather, and are the third largest metropolitan area in Oregon. Home of the University of Oregon, Eugene boasts cultural amenities typical of much larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival.
Establishes and implements physical therapy plans of care in collaboration with Physician. Administers therapy treatments to patients with physical disabilities resulting from injury, disease or surgery. Uses techniques such as heat, electricity, water, muscle manipulation, massage and exercise. Responsible for the evaluation of patients and following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, and observation and team members.
- Provides individualized therapy treatment in accordance with plan of care.
- Makes recommendations for relative content and scope of therapy services and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Recommends and develops new therapy services and programs in collaboration with staff.
- Shares expertise with other health care professionals. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to ensure smooth, continuous care of patients. Acts as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staff to facilitate problem solving, coordination of services and acts as an educational resource.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely and within professional standards.
- May spend minimal time to assist with evaluating and orienting new caregivers and making recommendations to management regarding equipment and space needs related to physical therapy functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Physical Therapy or closely related field (foreign equivalent accepted).
- General knowledge of field and ability to utilize library resource appropriately
- Previous experience as a Physical Therapist is preferred.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current Physical Therapist license from the state Physical Therapy Licensing Board specific to location of practice
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patient’s condition and exercise independent judgment to implement life-sustaining action
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Home Health:
- Requires one year of Physical Therapist experience, with home health/geriatric experience preferred.
EUGENE PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.