PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Financial Services Support Specialist - Cash Posting for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.00, more depending on experience.
Responsible for resolving outstanding credits, account research, pulling remittance info from payer websites, as well as support services to both Hospital and Medical Group patient financial billing, cash and revenue integrity departments.
- Completes the daily transactions by Payer (DTP).
- Pulls and provides responses to VA records requests and ensuring accuracy.
- Pulls remittance info from various payer websites/portals.
- Processes, maintains and resolves account credits to ensure proper
- Performs account/transaction research to resolve outstanding debits/credits. Pulls chart notes to assist with claims billing, denial follow-up and updating deceased status in CareConnect w/proper documentation
- Prints itemized statements for 3rd party billing and EOB’s for billing claims
- Verifies W9 information for follow-up with payers
- Coordinates and distributes lockbox correspondence to key stakeholders; ensuring timely remittance and follow-up.
- Compiles and reconciles refund checks to associated support documents. Loads insurance refund request and dispute tracker information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an accounting, banking, medical office, billing or insurance account follow-up capacity is required; Formal training or college coursework from a medical coding accredited school, specific to medical billing in lieu of experience may be considered.
- Medical terminology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance processes and billing guidelines regulations preferred.
- Proficient in Windows based PC applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to work with office equipment.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.