PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Products Surgical Services for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $37.73, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for managing implant and medical supply costs for Surgical Services; promoting efficient resource utilization; facilitating supply chain management; acting as a change agent to achieve cost optimization and consolidation of supplies in Surgical Services; provide leadership in evaluating new opportunities and/or improving existing operations. Negotiates pricing and supervises inventory team in regards to surgical products.
- May oversee all local Surgical Services contract negotiation and maintenance in coordination with Materials Management. Responsible for negotiating and renewing local Surgical Services pricing agreements/contracts. Work with Materials management to ensure compliance with contract pricing.
- May ensure systematic introduction of new products to Surgical Services in a manner that maintains a balance between physician requests, clinical effectiveness and financial sustainability.
- Facilitates Value Analysis Teams to include surgeons for the purposes of clear communication regarding product costs, usage and the introduction of new products in a cost effective manner.
- Organizes and manages a process for large-scale departmental supply standardization.
- Analyzes supply utilization to determine optimal efficiencies and work with clinical staff, physicians, and leadership to identify savings and develop strategies for improvement. Implements a strategy to achieve appropriate management of and reporting of savings.
- Support Purchasing and/or Materials Management with payment processes to reduce overhead and total supply chain costs. Works to ensure that supplies are entered into the supply chain system correctly so that invoices and charges are accurate in accordance with contract pricing.
- Manages Inventory Control Clerks who are responsible for ordering all supplies for Surgery. This includes participating in the hiring and firing processes; performance assessments; coaching and mentoring.
- Represents department on hospital wide committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise stated)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance or Nursing required or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Previous experience in Surgical Services operations, supply management, or financial analysis in healthcare.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Strong data and spreadsheet development skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires extreme, active physical exertion less than 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- May be required to operate motor vehicle on roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.