Are you looking for fulfillment in your work? Do you have a passion for serving others, and healing through food in the healthcare industry? If so, our Dietitian I is the position for you. PeaceHealth is seeking a Dietitian I for Per Diem-Relief, day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.78, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of nutrition care, consulting with other healthcare professionals as needed.
- Competent use of the Nutrition Care Process including: nutrition assessment, identification of nutritional diagnosis, implementation of appropriate nutrition intervention, and formulation of patient specific goals, monitoring, evaluation, and follow up of outcomes.
- Using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines will provide nutrition education to patients and families in the outpatient and/or inpatient settings.
- Provides consult services to other healthcare providers and participates in the interdisciplinary team.
- Documents in the EMR in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- When appropriate, makes referrals to other services, agencies and community resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree that meets Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) requirements
- Successful completion of AND approved internship/ training
- Current Medicare provider status number may be required
- Position may require valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Registered Dietitian or registration eligible (must pass the Registration Exam 90 days)
- Current licensure/ certification as required by State
- Position may require valid drivers license and auto insurance.
Top Reasons to work with Peace Health
- Great benefit package including excellent health benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Premium reduction program (may cover the cost of premiums for your entire household)
- PeaceHealth welcomes LGBTQ+ and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrated skill in teaching adults and pediatrics of varying competency levels
- Must be able to design, implement, and evaluate instructional materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of departments and work independently on numerous projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.