PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Food Services for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $27.32, more depending on experience.
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling.
Under the direction of the Manager/Director, this position provides operational oversight and supervision of the assigned Food Services staff and is responsible for effective and collaborative leadership of assigned staff.
- Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory compliance.
- Recommends selection of staff, monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Supervise assigned staff and assist the Manager/Director with hiring, firing, coaching, training, mentoring, and performance evaluations/management.
- Coordinate daily activities and workflow of assigned staff. Manage day-to-day operations, delegate tasks or projects, and assure adequate staffing to meet service levels. This includes developing monthly schedules and managing time off requests.
- Assure compliance with regulatory requirements as well as organizational/departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and supervisory guidance in quality improvement efforts.
- Contribute to and facilitate in the planning and achievement of departmental objectives including implementation and compliance.
- Participate in budget planning and monitoring. Manage costs and FTEs to operation within budget.
- Supervise the purchasing of all food and equipment, ensuring adherence to department budget.
- May manage inventory. May order all food and equipment in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure all items are received in accordance with department procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accredited education or training in culinary arts, food preparation, nutrition or business preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in staff supervision and food purchasing in a high volume kitchen. Hospital experience preferred.
- Certified Dietary Manager preferred.
- OR: Current Oregon Food Handlers Card required.
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Ability to multi task
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to teach and train staff
ALASKA PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.