PeaceHealth is seeking a Behavioral Health Clinician LICSW - Adult Day Health for a Part Time, Day position.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. Coordinates and oversees the plan of care and service delivery of behavioral health consumers across the continuum of illness; promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources; and works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical outcomes. Provide services to consumers with commercial insurance and Medicaid.
- ADAPT is a Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-3:30 PM, voluntary day-program for people living with mental health symptoms. Clients learn coping skills for managing their behavioral health symptoms through six education groups daily. Focus is on the here and now, rather than deep trauma work. Clients may see a psychiatrist for medication evaluations if needed. Typical time in the program is 7-10 days.
- The ADAPT clinical team is multidisciplinary, including Nurses, Social Workers, CD Counselors, Occupational Therapists, Dieticians, Mental Health Counselors, and Psychiatrists.
- Provides individual, family, group and multi-family group therapy to patients with complex diagnostic presentations and treatment needs.
- Assesses, develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and their self-identified natural supports. Together with consumer and natural supports, identifies key problems, strengths and resources to be addressed in the treatment plan.
- Evaluates and provides interventions to improve a patient’s cognitive, social, vocational, spiritual, and emotional functioning, utilizing natural and community supports when possible. Provides urgent/crisis evaluations, interventions, and safety planning.
- May provide case management, coordination with other treatment agencies or outside support services, outreach and engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters’ in Social Work (MSW) .
- Experience in diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex mental health conditions.
- Experience provided clinical supervision to bachelors’ and masters’ level clinicians preferred.
- Previous leadership training or experience preferred.
- Licensed Independent Counselor in Social Work
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
- Proficiency with DSM-5 diagnoses and best practice treatment interventions for a variety of behavioral health conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Knowledge and adherence to ethical guidelines for behavioral health clinical practice.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and documenting in electronic medical records.
- Effective prioritization skills.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.