PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Representative Lead in the Family Practice clinic for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.98, more depending on experience.
Assists in coordinating some or all of the following activities: scheduling; insurance verification and pre-certification; billing concerns; and co-pay collections. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement; ensures compliance with policies; provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Pre-registers patients with accurate patient demographic and financial data.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
- Stays current with insurance requirements.
- Serves as a resource for questions including compliance and complaints, and trouble-shooting patient billing and staff issues.
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- Performs the job functions of Surgery Scheduler as part of the PAR Lead role
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of Patient Access Rep experience required. Strong background in customer service and/or in a lead role may be considered in lieu of Patient Access Rep experience.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD coding required.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations required.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.