PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Hospice Holistic Care Team for a Full Time, Day position.
Under the direction of the Manager Operations, this position provides operational oversight, supervision and leadership for the Hospice Holistic Care Team delegating work to program leads. The Holistic care team includes social workers, chaplains, bereavement program staff, Strings of Compassion staff, massage therapists, and the volunteer program. Plans, directs and coordinates staff leads for the Life Passages Palliative Care Program & Courageous Kids. Also provides direct patient care when needed and assists with informational visits to patients’ home and in the hospital setting.
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling.
- Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory compliance for Holistic Care Team, Courageous Kids, and Life Passages Palliative Care Program.
- Participates in selection of staff, monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Works with leadership to develop policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Participates and leads process improvement projects to address system-wide delays and improve quality of care, clinical coordination and patient management
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Holistic Care Team. Oversee daily workflow, coordinate work assignments and direct staff as needed to maintain a smooth workflow and to ensure service standards are met. This includes maintaining monthly schedules.
- Supervise assigned staff including assisting with hiring, firing, and staff evaluations/performance management. Coach and mentor staff.
- Guide decisions about Holistic Care Team roles and documentation in collaboration with Department Manager and Director.
- Serve as liaison between Hospice, Home Health Services, SHMC and community partners in order to ensure access to high quality services for patients. Coordinates marketing efforts within the Hospice service area.
- Leads planning, implementing and evaluating clinical practice and delivery of care with each of the programs and disciplines supervised.
- Ensure that services are provided in compliance with regulatory requirements and department policies and procedures.
- Plans, directs and coordinates funding sources for Life Passages Palliative Care Program & Courageous Kids program. Participates in budget planning and monitoring for Hospice and provides oversight and direction for grant writing, budget planning, monitoring and of Life Passage Palliative Care Program and Courageous Kids program.
- May create, maintain and amend contracts for contracted staff.
- Works with physicians, medical social workers, nursing unit managers and educators to provide effective patient care coordination.
- Facilitate communication between medical staff and lead IDT discussions in Life Passages Program.
- Collaborate with the system palliative care initiatives. Provide oversight for palliative care opportunities, workshops, trainings and community network forums.
- Lead professional management meetings and quality indicators with skilled nursing facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED)
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or other related field required or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Minimum of five years experience working in a hospice environment with prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strong leadership abilities and superior skills working with patients, families and professional colleagues.
- Knowledge and understanding of Home Care/Hospice standards and practice guidelines.
- LCSW preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Strong administrative, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications
- Proficient in Horizon Homecare
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.