PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Surgery Data/Business Analysis for a Full Time, Variable position.
Responsible for the staff and processes of surgery scheduling, pre-surgical health record assembly for Surgical Services. The areas of responsibility include scheduling of surgical division cases, pre-surgical health record assembly in accordance with regulatory and organizational standards, liaison to physician office staff who interface with surgical services division, and data analysis for surgery administration. Role also provides leadership in evaluating new opportunities and/or improving existing operations by assuring the division’s alignment with PHOR Guiding Principles and cultivating successful relationships with SHMC staff, management, and physicians.
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling.
- Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory compliance.
- Recommends selection of staff, monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Supervises assigned staff and assists with the hiring, firing, coaching, training, mentoring, and performance evaluations/management.
- Coordinates daily activities and workflow of assigned staff. Manages day-to-day operations and delegate tasks or projects.
- Facilitates scheduling processes and data exchange between physician offices and surgical services. Maintains user access levels to support compliance.
- Responsible for understanding and gathering business requirements and translating them into reports. Participates in the creation of standards for supporting, developing and managing database and data models.
- Partners to develop systems to monitor data quality, integrity and implements solutions.
- Prepares administrative, operational, and financial reports including the preparation of conclusions, recommendations, and forecasts based on data summaries and other findings; consult with staff, outside agencies, and associations to obtain information; make recommendations to management staff on emerging issues.
- Provides supplemental analysis and reporting as required using research and statistical techniques. Presents data analysis in collaboration with Director.
- Maintains records concerning project improvement activities; process incoming and outgoing documents; prepare and track various documents; prepare reports and briefings on project status, progress, changes, and related items related to scope, schedule, and budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Successful completion of Medical Terminology course required within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of one year experience within a healthcare environment scheduling, using process improvement methodology and managing databases.
- Experience with data analysis and extraction of data from a data repository.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated system analysis, design and independent thinking skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate and encourage staff.
- Proactive, takes initiative.
- Ability to work well with others, make decisions, problem solve and delegate
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs or less
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.