Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking candidates with leadership experience for a Nurse Manager position in Perioperative Services at St. John Medical Center. This is a full-time exempt position that will manage the OR, Surgical Pre-Op, and Recovery units.
PeaceHealth is a non-profit mission driven healthcare system in the Pacific Northwest. Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center that serves a population of appx 165,000 in Southwest Washington and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as relocation assistance.
Manages the coordination of activities on the nursing unit with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit (s).Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and provide assistance to families and visitors.
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient care. Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance assessments. Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care; carry out adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measure health outcomes against standards; make or recommend adjustments.
- Deliver financial results for area (s) of accountability.
- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
- May perform patient care duties.
- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required (min. of charge nurse or supervisory role).
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience that includes OR.
- Demonstrate competence in area of expertise.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience preferred.
- Current WA RN licensure
- Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage complex operations and diverse personnel.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS - LONGVIEW
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.