PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Transfer Coordinator - Access Center for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.46, more depending on experience.
Responsible for managing and coordinating: all aspects of incoming direct admissions and patient transfer requires at a 24-hour operation transfer center including bed management as well as outgoing transfers from Network facilities. Acts as a liaison for referring entities (e.g. physicians, hospitals, other care providers) seeking to refer, consult, and/or transfer into the Network.
- Coordinates multiple processes to include connecting the referring entities with the appropriate service request and facilitates the conversation to coordinate care/referral/consultation or transfer within the Network.
- Initiates protocols to include current knowledge of hospital protocols including but not limited to STEMI, Stroke, and Trauma for inter-facility transfers, operations, service lines, patient care policies and procedures.
- Facilitates and coordinates all inter- and intra-hospital transfers, ED admissions and direct admits to allow for streamline, efficient patient flow and throughput.
- Facilitates and coordinates communications between transferring and accepting physicians and for consultation between physicians including between multiple disciplines (i.e. Nursing, Ancillary, physicians, patient/families/community members
- Utilizes multi-line telephones, integrated transfer center software and web paging systems to facilitate conference call with referring entities/providers and PeaceHealth providers.
- Documentation and maintenance of all transfer information and communications.
- Facilitates and coordinates all inpatient bed management for Network utilizing a comprehensive, integrated bed management software program.
- Interfaces with House Supervisors, Staffing, Management and Administration to assess facility capacities and capabilities including service line availability.
- Maintains the all physician call schedules for Network.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of and responsive to the state and federal laws/regulations to ensure compliance with EMTALA and regulatory standards which affect his/her practice.
- Performs proactive review of medical documentation necessary for utilization review on direct or ED admits to determine appropriate level of care in collaboration with Utilization Review.
- Provides daily report to Utilization Review on medical documentation reviews.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of infection prevention, risk management and emergency preparedness.
- Facilitate communications with nursing units, mortuaries, Medical Examiner, next of kin, morgue and spiritual care regarding in-house expirations.
- Maintain the hospital death log.
- Coordinate release of deceased with ancillary facilities (i.e. Lions Eye Bank and Community Tissue Bank).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing and ability to successfully pass a clinical competency exam.
- BSN preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Commitment and demonstration of superior service excellence skills.
- Proficient computer skills including all Microsoft Office, CareConnect, InterQual applications.
- Excellent multitasking, prioritization, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to function as a team player and work with a wide variety of people.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and reports.
- Work requires normal exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to push and pull carts 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift.
- Ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.