Job ID: 8676
Location: Eugene, OR
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking per diem Patient Access Representatives in the Clinical Float Pool to support all Family Practice and Specialty Clinics. Assignments vary and shifts are scheduled between 7 AM and 7 PM.
Hourly compensation starts at $20.80, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Patient Access Representatives assist in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
* Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
* Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
* Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. Upon registration, address co-pay (including collections of monies), co-insurance, for scheduled appointment/procedure, etc. May register patients using a mobile cart that is taken into patient rooms or other areas.
* Responds to customer’s inquiries.
* Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorizations and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
* One year of medical office or related customer service experience preferred.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less. Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.