PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking a stellar per diem Neurologist for the St. John Medical Center in beautiful Longview, Washington!
At PeaceHealth, Our Vision is that every person receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch. Providers in our community give compassionate care to a challenging, diverse patient population of all ages. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in an underserved community and impact the development of the Neurology services. This is a General Neurology practice and has flexibility for someone with a sub-specialization interest. Candidates with experience in EMG/NCS, Botox Injections, and EEG readings highly desired.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- The catchment area of nearly 200K with a dynamic patient population
- 10-14 patient per day once ramped up
- 90% outpatient, 10% inpatient with on-call consultations
- Tele-stroke program utilization
- Robust internal referral system plus community referral base
- Close vicinity and partnership to our larger sister hospital in Vancouver
Experience Longview, Washington:
- Forbes Magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River, Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument and many beautiful local parks. Lake Sacajawea, directly across from St. John Medical Center is in the heart of Longview. A gravel trail circumnavigates the lake and is just under 4 miles and can offer a quick, refreshing break on a busy day.
- Our community is just a short one hour drive to the Pacific Ocean.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population of ~60,000 residents.
- Our area has many locally-owned restaurants, coffee shops, brew pubs and national chains such as Target, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart. Along with a variety of grocery shopping options and April through October the Farmers Market is open.
- Golf is also a popular sport in the area at the Longview Country Club, Mint Valley, and Three Rivers Golf Course.
- The Cowlitz Indian Tribe, a federally recognized tribe, of Cowlitz people, is headquartered in Longview.
- St. John Medical Center (SJMC), a 346-bed hospital Level III Trauma Center. Offering dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
- Critical Care Unit received Beacon Award for Excellence, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Stroke Program - Recognized by the American Heart Association with a Bronze Achievement Award for patient care and outcomes
- Kearney Breast Center - Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Click here to view the PeaceHealth St. John, Cowlitz County Community Profile
PeaceHealth Benefits & Culture:
- PeaceHealth provides fully paid malpractice insurance, Life, and Disability insurances.
- Exceptional retirement plans for per diem providers.
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit options and up to $400 annually in incentives for healthy lifestyles.
- Integrated physician-led medical group.
- Click here to view: PeaceHealth System At a Glance and our benefits offered
- Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
About Us: PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska.In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact: Lyndse Neppl
Email: [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Referral Bonus Eligible