**Sign On Bonus of $500.00**
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Staff Coordinator for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $28.34, more depending on experience.
Provides highly skilled support to assigned medical staff departments, divisions/sections, and committees to ensure compliance with Medical Staff bylaws/rules, regulations, state and federal requirements, and Det Norske Veritas (DNV) standards. Facilitates aspects of credentialing including appointment, reappointment, proctoring, and privileging for physicians and advanced practitioners. Represents administrative issues successfully to influence collaboration between medical staff and hospital leadership. Performs complex, specialized function-related tasks such as interfacing with medical staff, quality, informatics, and other hospital staff to identify, review and interpret relevant sources of data in order to analyze practice patterns to determine performance.
- May coordinates medical staff education on performance improvement processes, regulatory confidentiality, peer review and credentialing. Adheres to program criteria and implements new policies, procedures and processes. Coordinates physician training and educational programs.
- Provides professional assistance and serves as a resource for medical staff members regarding medical staff bylaws, rules, regulations, policies, revised state statutes, licensing board and other regulatory agency standards and parliamentary procedures.
- Oversees, administers, and maintains quality controls on all aspects of the credentialing of applicants for membership and reappointment. Ensures this is coordinated accurately and timely in compliance with defined schedules by maintain detailed knowledge of the credentialing process. Exercises judgment and discretion in recognizing legal implications of credentialing functions and medical staff issues. Collect and analyzes information thoroughly to identify potential quality of care issues, behavioral problems, appropriate education and training as well as for quality improvement processes. Drafts appropriate correspondence utilizing knowledge of state statutes and legal guidelines in requesting additional information from external medical and legal sources if necessary. Investigates issues of concern, generates reports, and presents findings to facilitate recommendations to the Medical Staff leadership as designated.
- In consultation with supervisor, liaises between medical staff and senior administration, communicating sensitive and confidential issues including peer review and when complaints are logged toward physicians and hospital personnel. Interacts directly with internal and medical staff legal counsel. Uses judgment and discretion to maintain peer review protection to hospital and medical staff.
- Activates and monitors proctoring process to include timely data collection, analysis, and reporting to assure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Facilitates assigned medical staff standing, ad hoc and special committee meetings. Consults with respective department/committee chairs and hospital staff to achieve action oriented outcomes assuring that problems identified are either acted upon or appropriately referred. Demonstrates excellent communication and negotiation skill in preparation of agenda, participation in meetings and follow-up actions.
- Manages and oversees all aspects of medical staff committee including compiling agenda materials; recording conclusions and recommendations succinctly to substantiate actions taken following regulatory requirements; compiling follow-up memos and letters; and researching and preparing information for medical staff leadership. Maintains and protects the confidential records of proceeding which may be required in subsequent internal investigations and/or external legal disputes.
- Facilitate and draft revisions and updates to and/or assist in the development of; privileging criteria to maintain compliance; medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations; department rules and regulations; medical staff policies and procedures along with implementation of policy changes for the Medical Staff and for internal operations.
- Actively participates in accreditation surveys by interacting with surveyors and hospital participants to demonstrate compliance with standards to achieve accreditation and maintain deemed status for Medicare reimbursement.
- Collaborates in prioritizing daily workload and projects.
- Understands and maintains an accurate, secure and updated database in conjunction with system central verification organization of physician and advanced practitioner information to query on demographic profiles including but not limited to staff privileges and status for other hospital departments and facilities requiring this information. Serves as an organizational resource for data information related to the organized medical and advance practice staff.
- Monitors physicians progress through any supervised period (i.e. FPPE), assisting department chairs with appropriate procedures, forms and time limits.
- Assists in orienting new medical staff members to hospital protocols and services.
- Requires the constant exercise of a high degree of independent judgment and initiative in response to complex, sensitive issues, decision making and discretion with limited direction and guidance. Addresses moderately difficult problems. Maintains complex relationships with: members of the administrative staff of the hospital; medical and affiliated staff; medical staff officers, department chairs, section chiefs; physicians and other professional applicants; attorneys; medical staff professionals at other facilities; state licensing bodies, and other departmental personnel and patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of interpersonal relations and healthcare administration as normally obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Management, Risk Management, Law or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required with proficiency in applying principles, concepts and techniques.
- Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) or a Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)is required within two years of eligibility. Certification must be maintained by achievement of CEU requirements
- Significant working knowledge of accrediting agency standards and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory bodies required.
- Experience interacting with physicians and all levels of leadership in highly sensitive situations required
- Minimum of four years recent experience in medical staff services preferred or in a healthcare facility.
- Computer knowledge including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and medical staff database programs required.
- Knowledge of medical staff operations, policies, rules and regulations, regulatory agency guidelines and standards required.
- Astute judgment in human relation skills to interface and communicate in an articulate manner with medical staff, administrators, legal counsel and hospital personnel required.
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedules and frequent interruptions.
- Possesses willingness to improve by participating in departmental growth and improvement opportunities.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Initiates problem solving behaviors and evaluates outcomes of actions.
- Knowledge of medical terminology highly preferred.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.