PeaceHealth is seeking an outstanding full-time Division Chief of Primary Care to support St. John Medical Center in beautiful Longview, Washington. The Division Chief of PeaceHealth Medical Group is a leadership position, partnering closely with their administrative Dyad partners, in consultation with their respective Network Operations Committee (NOC) and Section Leaders. This full-time clinical 0.7 FTE and 0.3 FTE administrative physician role is responsible for the day to day operations of their division, including, but not limited to, improving quality care, service excellence, safety, financial performance, and caregiver/provider engagement. When it comes to caring for families, PeaceHealth has a long history of providing family medicine to thousands of our neighbors and friends. Consider joining a diverse team of 35 primary care medical providers, a mix of family medicine, family medicine w/OB, internal medicine, and pediatrics. If you are someone who thrives in the great outdoors but enjoys quick access to big city amenities, then St. John Medical Center could be a great place for you!
- Reports to the Network VP Dyad team and works with the Operational Director(s)/Manager(s) and clinical leads to ensure the Division’s service are aligned with the larger group, to develop a greater level of care integration and enhance the performance of the medical group, network and system.
- Works closely with the Network Operations Committee, Clinical Manager(s) and Section Leader(s) of the division’s Department(s) to ensure the day-to-day function and performance of the division aligns with PeaceHealth Medical Group Performance Board metrics and other strategic priorities.
- Supports and models behavioral standards in alignment with the Principles of Partnership, Caregiver and Leadership Models and helps ensure the achievement of clinical service goals. Leads, supports and participates with Network Physician VP in resolving provider personnel issues.
- In collaboration with the director of operations and / or clinic manager(s), assists in provider recruitment, orientation and retention programs including determining provider staffing needs.
- Interviews all providers who are candidates for a position in his/her division. Assesses the candidate and submits the assessment to the Recruitment Dept. prior to any hire decision.
- Acts as the mentor for all new division providers or assigns an appropriate mentor and monitors the mentoring process.
- Collaborates with Network VP Dyad team to select Section Leaders within the division.
- Communicates and ensures application of Clinical Standards for clinical departments.
- Assists and supports the maintenance of PHMG’s patient experience program.
- Participates in the evaluation of the department’s director(s) and managers and Section Leaders.
- Assists in developing and implementing annual clinical quality targets and plans in collaboration with clinic managers and clinicians.
- Helps develop and implement physician, APC, staff and patient education programs that promote clinical quality.
- Responsible for implementation of clinical safety protocols for PeaceHealth patients, providers and staff.
- Escalates patient safety and/ or quality concerns to Network VP(s) when they cannot be solved easily in the clinic.
- In collaboration with operational Dyads team, participates in budget preparation, monitoring and development of correction plans for departments/clinics that are not meeting budget.
- Assesses the capital and equipment needs on an ongoing basis, and evaluates the requests for clinical necessity and value.
Physician must be a graduate from an accredited school of medicine with an MD or DO.
Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a MD/DO in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Pediatrics.
- Previous experience in leadership strongly preferred or a stated willingness to learn the duties of the position within the first year.
Maintains a valid, unrestricted medical license to practice in the state in which he/she practices.
Appropriate board license/certification for specialty.
In addition to living the organizations mission, vision, and values, the Division Chief is expected to fulfill the PeaceHealth leadership model, while demonstrating the characteristics of a servant leader.
Highlights about the practice:
- Enjoy a four to five day work week, to include ~1:15 call requirements
- Provider preference Medical Assistant, seeing ~20-22 patients per day, using EPIC EMR
- On-site: Social Workers, Dietitians, Clinical Pharmacist, Diabetic, Palliative Care Specialists, Phlebotomist, Behavioral Health,
- In-house Controlled Substance Management, and Chronic Care Coordination Teams
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center Is a 364 bed acute-care hospital offering dozens of major medical services.
Experiencing Longview, Wa: Named one of Forbes Magazine’s prettiest American cities and a Tree City USA. An ideal location on the Columbia River and next to beautiful forests is just 40 miles north of Portland, 2 hours south of Seattle, a short drive to the beautiful Pacific coastline, with year round adventures on Mt Hood, Mt Rainier, and Mt St. Helens. In the other Lower Columbia communities served by PeaceHealth, you can enjoy the familiarity of small-town life, the challenge of working in a first-class regional medical facility, and the fun of living close to the beach, close to the mountains, and close to the big-city attractions.
PeaceHealth Benefits & Culture:
- Competitive compensation guarantee, a generous signing bonus, and relocation assistance.
- Up to $200,000 in Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify.
- Integrated physician-led medical group. PeaceHealth provides fully paid malpractice insurance, Life and Disability insurances.
- Exceptional retirement plans, two excellent health coverage options, plus vision, dental and supplemental options.
- Click here to view: PeaceHealth System At a Glance, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage Careers at PeaceHealth.
For more information please contact Lyndse Neppl, Provider Recruiter: [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.