PeaceHealth is seeking a Endoscopy Technician for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.56, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for providing direct patient care and technical support services during endoscopic procedures in working within their scope of certification and in compliance with hospital and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assist effectively and independently on all cases as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with RN, Charge Nurse, surgical techs and physicians to ensure delivery of exceptional patient care.
- Coordinate the set-up and turnover of the procedure room.
- Care for and trouble shoot equipment and accessories.
- Work with other healthcare team members to meet patient satisfaction and departmental targets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of approved Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Medical Assistant (MA) program required. (See Community/Location Specific section below for different requirements by state/location.)
- A minimum of one year’s experience as a CNA in an acute care facility or as a Medical Assistant in an endoscopy unit preferred. (See Community/Location Specific section below for different requirements by state/location.)
- Demonstrated competence in the role of assistant to nurses and physicians.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current CNA certification required or Certified Medical Assistant required within 6 months from hire date. (See Community/Location Specific section below for different requirements by state/location)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills, including MS Office applications
- Well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network and Northwest Networks (including PHMG):
- Completion of CNA or Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Previous CNA or Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months direct patient care required.
- Specialized training, education, and/or experience in endoscopic, surgical or applicable diagnostic/therapeutic procedural support including aseptic technique may be considered in lieu of other education or experience requirements listed.
- SGNA GI Technical Specialist certification required by date of hire (not required at time application is submitted).
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin and lung irritants, extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments or dangerous equipment; reasonable anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.