Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Cook - Nutrition Services for a Per Diem, Variable position.
This position is responsible for using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling to plan, prepare and cook food according to recipe and production standards to support the hospital patients, medical staff, caregivers, volunteers and visitors.
- Accurately follow and prepare recipes.
- Maintain appropriate records according to regulatory and departmental standards.
- Maintain proper food handling techniques. Properly clean and sanitize work station according to safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Organize, calculate and produce food production.
- Prepare hot and cold food according to the recipe and following production and food styling guidelines taking into consideration customer/patient counts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years experience as cook in a hospital or full-service kitchen or combination of experience and formal culinary training that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Culinary certificate preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Food Handlers Card - Oregon
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.