This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 8434
Location: Sedro Woolley, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Monitor Technician CNA - Medical for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.61, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible to Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse. This position will also have responsibility for obtaining and interpreting cardiac physiological monitoring data, documenting any changes in arrhythmias and reporting and problems to a registered nurse or physician. Also responsible for assessing and maintaining equipment to ensure proper function.
* Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
* Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration. Provide assistance to the patient with walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed.
* Documents relevant patient care data.
* Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs
* Observe monitors continually, detecting and documenting any changes in heart rhythm and arrhythmias according to department standards. Identify and interpret EKG and relay pertinent information to physician or nurse according to department standards.
* Operate the appropriate monitoring device in accordance with physician orders. Expert at using all functions of central monitoring equipment. Assist physicians in viewing rhythm history.
* Orient staff to central monitoring capability and role of Monitor Tech.
* Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
* Perform clerical duties as assigned which may include: processing admissions, discharges and transfers; physician order entry, answering phones, chart processing, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Technical Program
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program required; Completion of EKG class, monitoring equipment class, and order entry class within 1 month of hire.
* Acute Care Certified Nursing Assistant
* Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington
* Basic Life Support
-Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred Experience in healthcare setting preferred.
-Prefer work within cardiology specialty.
-Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
-Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
-Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
-Basic knowledge of anatomy/physiology of the heart.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 20 lbs. Job duties may require intense concentration or attention to detail (up to 100% of work time). Multi-tasking is essential part of job. Work requires fairly light to normal physical exertion up to 66% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.