PeaceHealth is seeking a Monitor Technician - Telemetry for a Part Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.86, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for obtaining and interpreting cardiac physiological monitoring data, documenting any changes in arrhythmias and reporting and problems to a registered nurse or physician. Also responsible for assessing and maintaining equipment to ensure proper function.
- Operate the appropriate monitoring device in accordance with physician orders. Expert at using all functions of central monitoring equipment.
- Observe monitors continually, detecting and documenting any changes in heart rhythm and arrhythmias according to department standards. Identify and interpret EKG and relay pertinent information to physician or nurse according to department standards.
- Assist physicians in viewing rhythm history.
- Orient staff to central monitoring capability and role of Monitor Tech.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned which may include: processing admissions, discharges and transfers; physician order entry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of Nurse Aide, Medical Assistant or equivalent program preferred.
- Completion of EKG class, monitoring equipment class, and order entry class within 1 month of hire.
- Experience in healthcare setting preferred. Prefer work within cardiology specialty preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy/physiology of the heart.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.