PeaceHealth is seeking a Hospital Engineer Lead in the Facilities department for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.50, more depending on experience.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions of the mechanical facilities team. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. Performs all job functions generally associated with maintenance mechanic, electrician, or HVAC technical positions.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Develops work and material estimates and prepares purchase requisitions as required.
- Ensures all work is in compliance with hospital and departmental policies and all applicable codes and standards.
- Serves as a mentor and provides instruction and training to fellow caregivers on the safe and proper installation, operation, and maintenance of the various mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
- Works with supervisor and facilities support coordinator to optimize the use of Maximo CMMS system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two year post high school technical training or apprenticeship in a mechanical or electrical trade, biomedical electronics or equivalent required.
- Five years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of steam plants, chiller plants, emergency power generation/distribution systems, electrical/alarm/security systems, medical gas systems, building automation systems, plumbing systems, and heating/ventilating/refrigeration systems and equipment required.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of Maximo Computerized Maintenance Management System, Crystal Reports and MSOffice applications
- May require knowledge of Seimens Building Automation System.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements, to include Joint Commission, NFPA, NEC, DOH, WAC, NWCAA, EPA/State Dept of Ecology, OSHA, and local authorities having jurisdiction
- Familiarity with AIA and ASHRAE design guidelines
- CAD operation skills strongly desired.
- Must have good visual color discrimination.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Riverbend Annex:
- Experience with Siemens Building Management System preferred.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – RIVERBEND
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment. Requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste.
- Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids an average of once a month or more.
- Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 33% of work time).
- May be required to operate motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.