Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Experience Specialist
**This is an on-site position in Oregon
Supports system-wide programs, initiatives, projects, and interventions focused on ensuring the experience of care for all patients is consistent, seamless, and exceptional. Provides partnered support and coaching necessary to improve patient experience. Partners with system, hospital, and medical group leadership to identify, plan, implement, and sustain improvement strategies across the system. Responsible for supporting the system in achieving and sustaining the strategic goals specific to our expectation of providing consistent, high level service to our patients, families, and visitors. Builds and maintains relationships with caregivers across all levels of the organization, and in clinical and non-clinical areas. Supports the delivery of excellent patient experience by providing consultation, coaching, mentorship, training, and applied accountability
- Promotes integration and alignment of Patient Experience strategies with teams across the organization. Partners with stakeholders to achieve PeaceHealth system-wide and community- specific goals related to patient experience. Ensures all work is aligned with priorities and goals.
- Works with Patient Experience team to ensure consistency across the system. Provides feedback to colleagues through formal and informal forums. Participates in multidisciplinary forums in order to problem solve and facilitate planning.
- Serves as point of contact for patient experience by acting as an internal consultant and providing expert knowledge of best practices and current patient experience thought leadership.
- Monitors patient experience change efforts and evaluate results. Perform periodic auditing to ensure consistent application of evidence-based tools and techniques. Aids key stakeholders in interpreting patient experience data and reports.
- Participates in rounding and proactively respond to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience. Use gathered information to assess and inform process improvement and recognize or coach performance.
- Facilitates teams for related patient experience project work and support other teams work performed in relation to patient experience outcomes. Presents to new employee orientation, caregiver groups, leadership teams, and other audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a healthcare-related field. Equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum three years customer or patient experience with progressively increasing responsibilities required.
- Experience in a healthcare setting; preferably hospital, clinic, or health system- related required.
- Work related experience with demonstrated ability to drive results in patient experience or customer relations excellence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in Patient Experience.
- Experience coordinating projects with demonstrated success outcomes, specifically with a focus on patient experience, service excellence, or customer service activities.
- Demonstrated teaching proficiency, including knowledge and application of adult learning principles.
- Working knowledge of and experience with continuous process improvement methodologies and tools such as PDSA/PDCA, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- Certified Patient Experience Professional required within the one year of employment.
- Facilitation or project management certification is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and display flexibility in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to design and deliver impactful presentations to broad audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong group facilitation and conflict management skills and a demonstrated ability to unite individuals around a common goal.
- Demonstrated relationship building.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to generate ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and ownership for achieving sustained patient experience excellence across the health system.
- Ability to function both autonomously and with strong self-direction as well as collaboratively with local and system teams.
·Ability to travel up to 15% of the time between PeaceHealth facilities around Oregon.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.