PeaceHealth is seeking a System VP Technology for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for leading the TSP Technology organization and is accountable for providing the technology vision, strategy, and roadmap to enable the organization’s digital business transformation while maintaining a reliable IT platform for business operations. Accountable for identifying key emerging trends and technologies; evolving the IT architecture and operations to create a simpler, more modern, and more secure infrastructure.
Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure used to support business process and services across the enterprise. This is achieved through the effective delivery of IT services through the management and orchestration of people, products, providers, and processes. Provides leadership to TSP areas including Enterprise Architecture, Data Center Infrastructure and Networking.
- Defines the technology strategy, vision, and roadmap in alignment with the organization’s business strategy Sets the culture of the TSP Technology Division to foster a customer-oriented mindset driven by continual service improvement.
- Manages IT operations and services including: Infrastructure (data centers, networks); Business, IT and solution architecture; Data management and protection; and Technology platforms (Integration, email).
- Partners with the Sys VP Information Security regarding information security and IT risk management including disaster recovery and business continuity management. Manages IT controls (disaster recovery, patch management, change control, etc.). Leads planning and performance of IT audits. Leads planning and oversees remediation of audit findings.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive and well tested IT recovery strategy resilient in a number of real-world events including cyber-attacks and natural disasters. Partners with Informatics and operations (business and clinical) to create and maintain business continuity plans as needed.
- Determines and recommends which technologies to invest in and procure, including making the business case. Manages the technology portfolio of projects. Leads the development of the TSP Technology strategy and roadmap and ensures its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans. Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
- Directs a TSP Technology sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Determines how mainstream and emerging technologies can be used to advance business strategy using trendspotting techniques. Manages the selection and implementation of information technology products, systems, and infrastructure. Forecasts future skill and competency needs to acquire and develop an IT workforce.
- Serves as an advisor and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs. Ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs and is able to respond with the agility required to address changing business priorities.
- Develops and controls the annual operating expenditure (opex) and capital expenditure (capex) budgets for the TSP Technology organization to ensure proper life cycle management and consistency with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan.
- Defines, develops, and manages a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines, and related toolsets. Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Champions TSP Technology organization’s involvement in innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities. Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support.
- Manages the growing maturity of the organization by introducing revisions to the operating model that accommodate the move from a project-driven to a product family, service-centric environment. Serves on IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Information Systems, or a related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive, related information technology and/or software development management experience required.
- Experience in healthcare industry preferred.
- Ability to direct the management of multiple projects.
- Sufficient knowledge of healthcare trends and the ability to incorporate this knowledge to support the information technology needs of the organization
- Ability to establish fiscal and personnel policies.
- Sound managerial judgment, initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to facilitate department outcomes, coach individuals and teams, and manage conflict.
- Excellent leadership skills to manage individuals and department, to appropriately delegate tasks and to hold personnel accountable for their areas or responsibility.
- Collaborative and service-oriented leadership, with a clear understanding of clinical and operational priorities and strategies.
- Ability to work under stress and to deal effectively with others working under stress.
- Ability to develop and cultivate a dynamic, progress and technologically advanced organization.
- Ability to interact and build relationships at all levels of the organization, including board, leadership, and provider leadership.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.