Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Environmental Service Attendant II for a Full Time, Evening position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.24, more depending on experience.
This position is primarily responsible for floor care, deep cleaning, heavy scrubbing of all patient care areas, window washing, trash removal, and some outside grounds clean up. Will also be responsible to perform the duties of an Environmental Services Attendant I as assigned.
- Maintains a floor cleaning schedule and makes daily observations of floor conditions.
- Washes windows, removes trash both inside and outside, grounds litter and debris pickup, dusting of high areas and hard to get to areas.
- Performs responsibilities of Environmental Services Attendant I as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year formal housekeeping/environmental services/custodial experience required. Experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
- Depending on facility assigned to, may require valid driver’s license.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Familiar with operation of industrial vacuum cleaners, rotary floor care machines, carpet extractors, and power head equipment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Floor Technician assignment; Safeguards are based on assignment and may include eye, face and hand protection, safety shoes and ergonomically correct procedures related to lifting, pushing and pulling.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.