PeaceHealth is seeking a Inventory Control Coordinator Lead - Supply Chain Operations for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
This position is responsible for maintaining control of all supply and equipment inventory for the department.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Executing the daily Stock Inventory Reorder reports and validating the recommended reorder quantities to assure accuracy with the requisition prior to conversion to purchase order. Evaluates Reorder points and reorder amounts for all stock inventory items on an on-going basis and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Managing effective daily cycle counting and posting variances in system.
- Conduct annual physical inventory in accordance with PeaceHealth requirements and policy. Also responsible for conducting routine inventory and par location evaluations to identify expired items and manage their proper disposition and inventory level adjustments.
- Make inventory adjustments within system and determine the underlying cause of discrepancy and make corrections as necessary.
- Coordinate with buyers on departmental and vendor returns to assure accurate on-hand quantities and credits.
- Responsible for pulling all vendor recalled items and corresponding lot numbers, documenting the removal of recalled items and managing the disposition and/or replacement of recalled items.
- Evaluates units of measure and conversion factors for all stock inventory items on an ongoing basis and make corrections as necessary with appropriate key stake holders.
- Assures that all storeroom and par location labels are up-to-date.
- Coordinates the Month end closing activities for the Inventory Control sub-system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in hospital supply chain or inventory control using information technology is required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, take responsibility and ownership.
- Requires self-direction and ability to work with minimal supervision.
UNITED GENERAL -PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal to moderate physical exertion up to 66% of the time.
- Ability to occasionally lift objects up to 30 lbs. Must be able to reach and push pull objects up to 80lbs frequently.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with occasional exposure to minor cold or environmental conditions. Work may require exposure to sharp objects.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 90% of the time.
- Work requires good communication skills and frequent interaction with medical staff. Work environment is of average stress level.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.