PeaceHealth is seeking a Foundations Manager for a Full Time, Day position.
Ketchikan Alaska is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, those who love the arts, or someone who just wants a quiet, slower-paced life. Enjoy our beautiful surroundings, abundant wildlife, and great opportunities for hiking, fishing, boating, and more. We have excellent schools and a strong local economy. This vibrant city at the southern tip of the Alaskan panhandle calls itself the Salmon Capital of the World. Wildlife abounds, from bald eagles and bears to orcas and humpback whales.
Responsible for working closely with Foundation Board members, hospital administration and physicians in generating financial and community support of the Foundation through planning and implementation of activities designed to generate interest and significant financial support (gifts of $10,000 and more).
- Directs major gift fundraising operations.
- In collaboration with the network chief development officer, develops strategies to meet annual financial goals.
- Engages board members, physicians, leadership and volunteers in the education, cultivation, solicitation, closure and stewardship of major gift prospects/donors.
- Oversees communications with the board, working with the Executive Committee and assuring appropriate support to board committees.
- Provides leadership and support to fundraising committees and physicians to assist in prospect identification and cultivation, training, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects of $10,000 and above.
- Develops written cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans, utilizing a moves management approach to engage prospects and donors.
- Engages in face-to-face contacts with identified, qualified potential and existing major gift donors. Provides documentation of activities as part of a management program recorded in Raisers Edge.
- Carries a portfolio of approximately 50-75 major gift prospects/donors.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fundraising, business administration, communication, marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in successful identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift prospects/donors, preferably in a healthcare, academic medicine, or higher education environment.
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers in the development process.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) is preferred.
- Ability to travel required.
- Ability to secure significant individual gifts with outstanding follow-through and stewardship of donors' investments.
- Ability for a very high activity level in the field, strong initiative, and self-motivation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills to work effectively with hospital staff, physicians and other medical professionals, donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to initiate programmatic activities independently, organize/set priorities, and complete work in a timely manner despite deadlines and competing requirements.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Understanding and ability to explain basic planned giving vehicles and opportunities.
- Ability to embrace the fundraising ethics of compassion and PeaceHealth Mission.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- Position is located at PeaceHealth’s Ketchikan Medical Center.
KETCHIKAN PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.