Job ID: 9472
Location: Bellingham, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
*** $2500.00 Sign-On Bonus *** *** $2500.00 Sign-On Bonus *** *** $2500.00 Sign-On Bonus *** *** $2500.00 Sign-On Bonus *** *** $2500.00 Sign-On Bonus ***
PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA - Medical 2 for a Full Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.08, more depending on experience.
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
* Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
* Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
* Documents relevant patient care data.
* Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
* May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
* Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
* Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Technical Program
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of an approved Certified Nursing Assistant program required.
* Certified Nursing Assistant
* Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington
* Basic Life Support
-Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
-Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
-Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
-Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
-Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
-Excellent communication skills
-Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills
Hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps). Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Job duties may require intense concentration or attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time. Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34 to 65% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.