PeaceHealth is seeking a Respiratory Therapist Lead for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $36.38, more depending on experience.
Provides Cardio-Pulmonary services to patients as prescribed by physicians. Works collaboratively with all healthcare team members toward the best outcomes for the patient and the organization. Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of complex critical patients from newborn to the adult in an independent manner.
- Directs patient care activities on the unit for the shift by making/adjusting staff assignments and ensures optimal patient outcomes. Gives each RT a copy of their work list.
- Acts as a clinical resource on procedures and standards for staff and physicians. Monitors staff compliance.
- Initiates investigation of incident reports when situation necessitates immediate action; otherwise refers for further evaluation/action as appropriate to Clinical Manager and/or Director.
- Performs essential functions of the staff Respiratory Therapist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist required.
- Experience in adult ICU, Pediatrics, and Neonatal preferred.
- Must be able to care for patients from neonate to adult independently.
- Must maintain a current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the state they are practicing.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
- May require current AAP- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Must be able to set up, operate, and trouble shoots all respiratory related equipment in a quick and efficient manner.
- Must know how all respiratory equipment operates, the limits abilities, and how the equipment effects patients
- Must be able to quickly assess acute, critical care resident situations and respond with a decisive and appropriate course of action.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. Joseph Medical Center:
- PALS, ACLS, NRP and BLS are all required upon hire
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants, extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.