PeaceHealth is seeking an evening shift Supervisor for the Central Processing department at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This is a Full Time, exempt, position that will provide leadership support to the evening shift sterile processing team. To be considered for this role, at least 2 years sterile processing tech experience and a Sterile Processing Tech certification are both required.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation assistance and a great location.
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital, located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area. Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
Under the direction of the Manager-Sterile Processing, is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the Sterile Processing department to ensure efficient processes and quality services.
- Oversees daily workflow to ensure service standards are met and to ensure staff consistently follows standard job expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates work assignments and oversees monthly schedule.
- Serves as a resource to staff for issues surrounding instrumentation and sterilization.
- Participates in the hiring selection process.
- Collaborates with management to develop and implement policies, procedures and the business work plans for the department.
- Provides leadership and supervisory guidance in quality improvement efforts. May be asked to lead quality initiatives.
- Maintains and reports required regulatory records and quality assurance reports.
- Participates in the staff evaluation and disciplinary processes.
- Collaborates effectively with the Instrument Coordinator to assure seamless flow of surgical supplies and instruments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in sterile processing required.
- Knowledge of sterile processing and regulatory requirements is required.
- Experience with Neuro, Ortho, and General Surgical instrumentation.
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred.
- Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD or other nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Understands facility standards and practice guidelines as well as state and federal regulations.
- Ability to lead teams and delegate assignments.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.