PeaceHealth is seeking a Chief Medical Officer - Oregon, for a Full Time, Day position.
Seeking an experience CMO with a Surgical Background to:
- Serve as a member of a network executive team and participate in the design and development of the strategic plan and vision.
- Work in collaboration with network leaders to lead quality, patient safety and patient experience of care in the communities they serve, collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the facilities stay compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Serve as a physician who represents practices for the executive team.
- Be responsible for the integration of clinical quality and demonstrated best clinical practices into clinical operations, evaluate the development of new and continuation of existing services, investigate future clinical technologies/information systems and evaluate their impact on providers’ practices, patient safety and patient family experience.
- Create a patient-centered environment that is highly satisfying to providers and caregivers.
- Be responsible for managing medical community and interdepartmental relations, coaching/mentoring physician leaders and managing teams to improve team leadership effectiveness.
- Be responsible for developing provider relationships and clinical integration activity across PeaceHealth.
- Participate in and is a member of the system Physician Executive Council.
- Leads clinical quality improvement, patient safety and regulatory and accreditation projects/concerns within assigned communities.
- In conjunction with system colleagues, network executive team and Leadership Council; ensures established medical practices express PeaceHealth mission, vision and organizational standards.
- Participates in the planning, organization, and administration of general and medical policies and procedures in the hospital or medical group by membership in a variety of committees.
- In collaboration with other leaders, assists as needed to remove barriers to coming into compliance with regulatory requirements and supports a system wide approach. Assists with preventative and corrective action planning when medical provider support is needed.
- In support of quality director, co chairs the Quality Management Committee – supporting development of the quality plan for the community or medical group, actively recruiting medical staff engagement and prioritizing work with other executives. Collaborates with quality committees to ensure alignment.
- Actively engages in patient safety support and initiatives, root cause analysis as appropriate, and assuring credible action plans are resourced and completed. Participates in patient safety committees to share best practices and ensure follow up in the organization.
- Ensures clinical quality and practices are aligned with fiscal responsibility. Ensures achievement of the organization’s financial targets related to quality, safety, and clinical practice.
- Supports the development of protocols for high risk and/or high volume disease processes to eliminate unnecessary variation and foster standardized approaches.
- Serves as a liaison between senior leadership and the medical staff. Advocates for providers and practices at all levels of the community and organization.
- Participates in annual strategic and operational planning in conjunction with annual strategic and operational planning for PH system.
- Leads the design of assigned functional teams and care improvement approaches to further PeaceHealth mission. Ensures organizational standards and performance outcomes.
- Provides mentoring, performance reviews and oversight to appointed/employed service line medical directors. Partners with staff to elected medical staff officers in their strategies and assignments.
- Provides oversight and ensures a rigorous medical staff credentialing and privileging process is in place.
- Assists and mentors medical staff leaders and department chairs with peer review activity and physician performance improvement plans.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and complete an accredited residency program in a medical or clinical specialty is required.
- Completion of a MBA, MHA or secondary college education in a business or health administration field is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of high level healthcare leadership experience required.
- Minimum 5 years recent clinical practice experience required.
- Experience leading/partnering in multidisciplinary teams required.
- Up to date knowledge of changes in healthcare, emerging clinical methodologies and standards required.
- Successful experience with redesign or process work which includes community or medical group wide implementation required.
- Surgical Background required.
- Licensed as a physician in the Oregon state.
- Board-certification required.
- Ability to understand and align day to day work with the PeaceHealth mission, core values and leadership model and reflect the leadership model attributes.
- High professional and ethical standards.
- Strong understanding of principals of patient-centered care, physician compensation systems, medical technology, including electronic medical records, and quality/service improvement strategies required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to form collaborative relationships, both within the organization and in the community.
- Capable of maintaining strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive medical-legal and professional subjects.
- Possesses ability to facilitate resolution of conflicts and grievances, handling highly charged problems and situations in a calm and objective manner.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
Please reach out to our Executive Recruiter, Ruth Long, for more information on this role at [email protected]
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.