Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Mental Health Associate - Behavioral Health for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Delivers services under the direct supervision of a Qualified Mental Health Professional.
- Maintains familiarity with each client’s assessment, behavior/care plan, and treatment plan to ensure 1:1 and group activities continue to serve therapeutic function.
- Helps with ongoing behavioral intervention/management on the unit including assisting care staff with difficult situations, preventative measures, and environmental issues.
- Participates in treatment team meetings and scheduled in-service trainings.
- Provides skills training to clients, assist them in gaining aid and entitlements, and provides medication monitoring (not applicable in all communities).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience that gives the caregiver the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- State Registration or Licensure as required by Region.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in the Human Services or related field.
- Adaptability to rapid change.
- Ability to assist clients in picking up their medications.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
UNIVERSITY DISTRICT PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.