PeaceHealth is seeking a Imaging Tech Aide for a Part Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.40, more depending on experience.
The Imaging Tech Aide has a key role in Imaging Services in the support of clinical staff and expediting of overall patient flow. They will be transporting patients to and from imaging, so they are expected to be a quick and efficient worker to keep up with the fast-paced environment. The Imaging Tech Aide will gain valuable Imaging experience while providing exceptional customer service and helping the patient feel comfortable and at ease. They should be a skilled communicator with excellent people skills, as they will be interacting with both heath care professionals and patients on a constant basis. The Imaging Tech Aide will assist technologists and physicians in the day to day duties of the department associated with patient care.
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include CPR, taking and recording vital signs, measuring and recording fluid intake/output, applying dressings, recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions, administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Follow all proper policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure patient safety at-all-times
- Transport patients as assigned to expedite patient through-put.
- Assist Technologist in setting up the room, ensure there is clean linen, make available any items which may assist the patient setup.
- Assist in the patient interview process: Symptoms and history, determine if prior exams available, make sure patient is properly dressed for exam (change patient if necessary), explain procedure to patient and reassure the patient if anxious.
- Assist Technologist in setting up the patient for exam: Aid the patient getting on table, ensure all safety devices are in place, help makes the patient comfortable.
- Assist Technologist upon completion of exam: Remove the patient from table, remove all safety equipment, help maintain the department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Maintain supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Provide clerical support to the unit by organizing the outpatient schedule, prep scheduling packets with laboratory results and related materials for the Technologist to review, answering telephone, make and upload CD’s.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS -Required unless otherwise stated
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program.
- Minimum of one-year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level as required by state or facility.
- Proof of current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required upon hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- CNA II is required for this position at all locations.
MRI SPECIFIC TECH AIDE DUTIES:
- The Imaging Tech Aide will be required to remain in MRI Zone III while a patient is in the MRI scanner, but can perform other duties when there are no patients.
- MRI Safety check list.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.