Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**$10,000 Sign On bonus for eligible candidates with a two year commitment**
**Relocation assistance available for out of the area candidates**
Take your career to the next level as a RN in the ICU Stepdown at Sacred Heart Medical Center, Riverbend (Springfield, OR). We are seeing a RN for a Full Time, Day shift.
Our hospital is located alongside the beautiful McKenzie River (hence Riverbend!). Only minutes away from University of Oregon, you’ll experience the great combination of living near the city while taking in the fresh air and plush greenery the Pacific Northwest.
PeaceHealth is a non for profit, Catholic Health Care System with 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Washington, Oregon and Alaska. We value our communities and provide care in a holistic manner following our core values of respect, stewardship, collaboration, and social justice truly that are embedded in each and every caregiver working at PeaceHealth. Come join the team!
- Generous Relocation Assistance
- Starting wage of $39.99 an hour (more depending on experience).
- Great shift differentials (up to $7.15/hr).
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN and advanced certifications
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period.
- Professional practice support.
- Collaborative team environment.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- Basic EKG class within 3 months of hire required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- One year acute care nursing experience OR participation in a critical care training program as an RN OR Critical Care Internship required.
- OR successful completion of an approved training course/orientation and standard competencies within six months of hire.
- Must function independently with more advanced treatments, procedures, and equipment such as stable ventilated patients, central lines, arterial pressure lines, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- BLS at date of hire required.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- TNCC must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire. Following the initial certification, caregivers will receive 4 CEU continuing education credits per year for trauma requirements.
- NIHSS required within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years
- PCCN preferred.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend
- ICU – Management ofventriculostomy, EVD, and ICP.Nursing care of patients with non-traumatic ICH, non-traumatic SAH, seizures. Nursing care of patients post tPA, thrombectomy, aneurysm coiling, carotid artery stenting and intra-cranial stenting. Management of blood pressure abnormalities with parenteral vasoactive agents. Completion of complex neurological
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and University District:
Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE –OREGON RB
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator, and mask.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.