PeaceHealth is seeking a Performance Improvement Specialist for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible and accountable for leading and supporting Performance Improvement activities in communities. Facilitates and implements transformational improvements in outcomes, patient and caregiver experience, and cost.
- Using system standards, lead the design of high value, highly reliable, and standardized work processes. Facilitate clinical and operational redesign, including new models of management, practice, and care delivery. Lead operational root cause analysis. Manage assigned improvement projects.
- Provide leadership and coaching of performance improvement initiatives. Contribute to the adaptation and adoption of system-standard mindset, management systems, and methods to enable the organization to accelerate improvement.
- Develop strong working relationships with leaders and other stakeholders to foster improvement. Work with leaders and caregivers to develop, align, and implement strategic and operational improvements. Collaborate with counterparts and colleagues from across the system to develop and implement system-standard work processes.
- Work closely with Enterprise Intelligence to select and analyze data required for sustained improvement. Educate leadership and caregivers in the interpretation of data. Select and support improvement-tracking metrics required.
- Use system-standard methodologies, techniques, and language. Educate leaders and caregivers in these standards.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of instructional programs. Provide education and coaching to develop leaders’ and caregivers' improvement capabilities
- Ensure Performance Improvement activities integrate seamlessly with other Performance Excellence departments and Quality to maximize continuous and sustainable improvement.
- Create and support an environment that fosters and supports teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Nursing or related clinical area, Business Administration, or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of three years’ experience applying improvement methodology to healthcare or other industries required.
- Lean Black Belt certification from PeaceHealth or equivalent required within two years from date of hire.
- Recognized certificates in improvement methodologies preferred.
- Ability to champion the importance of striving to improve the cost, quality, safety, and accessibility of healthcare services, with a focus on creating value.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong technical, computer and presentation skills.
- Able to maintain flexibility and composure under pressure.
- Ability to travel as required.
PHMG - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion less than 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate or pay close attention to detail for more than 66% of the work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.